** please forward widely **
On July 28th the Live Free Collective and CUPE 4207 are joining together to hold a day of events for injured migrant worker Jeleel Stewart. Jeleel had his hand crushed as a result of a work accident and WSIB pulled his claim in 2010. His family is struggling and relying on the support of friends made in the community in Niagara. Proceeds from the event will go to Jeleel’s family. You can learn more about Jeleel’s story below
There will be a community football (soccer) match earlier in the afternoon at Lancaster Park (31 Wood St. St. Catharines, On) from 2:30 - 5:00pm and a Concert/Buffet at night at Vaughn’s International Cuisine (249 St. Paul St. in St. Catharines, On) from 9:00pm onwards. All are welcome to participate in the football match! Donations will be accepted at the football match and the suggested donation for the concert/buffet is $20, but no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
The Facebook Event Page is below and the Event Poster is Attached.
How You Can Help
- Please RSVP/SHARE/INVITE to the facebook event page and forward this email.
- Endorse the event and/or pledge donations to the event. Tables will be available for organizations to do outreach at both events.
- Organize rides from your community to the event.
Any questions, comments or concerns please contact organizer Dylan Powell:
- calloohcallaycahill likes this
- hannah---rose reblogged this from livefreecollective
- niagaraadl reblogged this from weeptowaterthetrees
- weeptowaterthetrees reblogged this from livefreecollective and added:
- livefreecollective posted this